Confession time! I have never liked meatloaf. I am not sure why, or what it was about it, but growing up it just didn’t tickle my fancy. But y’all, I have to tell ya I am now a believer in this lil pan of goodness!! After playing around with many traditional southern recipes, and giving them a primal kick in the pants, I came up with one delicious loaf pan of southern goodness (if I don’t say so myself)!
This dish is simple, savory, and safe for the wallet! Try this one pan meat pie on a busy work day, or a laid back day, either way you’re going to love it and want to add it to your family recipe go-tos!
- ¼ cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Aminos
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 lbs ground venison (or other ground meat)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 6 oz can tomato paste (3 oz used in mixture, 3 oz used for topping)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt (a little extra will be needed to sprinkle over formed loaf)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together: coconut flour, coconut aminos, eggs, onion, ½ can of tomato paste, pepper, chili powder, garlic, ground mustard, oregano, paprika, parsley, and salt.
- Add the meat to the mixture and combine well using hands to incorporate the mixture in with the meat.
- Place meatloaf mixture in an ungreased Lodge Loaf Pan, or circular baking pan. Lightly sprinkle the top of the loaf with sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together olive oil and the remaining tomato paste (about 3 oz).
- Spoon tomato paste mixture on top of the meatloaf and spread out until top layer is covered.
- Place loaf pan in oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and get ready to serve some down home southern goodness to your family and friends!!