I love having a green smoothie option to power up my body after a run! It’s a quick, replenishing option to provide your body every now and again for recovery. Personally I am a really big fan of a “recovery meal” after my morning WOD, over a “recovery smoothie,” but sometimes that big ole’ mason jar of smoothe freshie goodness is just what the body ordered! This recipe is crisp, and refreshing, perfect for that workout aftermath
*Don’t forget that the pure Gelatin I use below offers up many health benefits along with jam packing in a powerful protein punch per tablespoon!
Green Smoothie Delight
- ½ cup coconut water (the liquid that separates from solid form of a chilled can whole fat Coconut Milk or use unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼-½ cup coconut cream (the solid form that separates from a chilled can whole fat Coconut Milk)
- 1 cup smoothie greens (I used spinach, kale, and chard mixed)
- 4-6 strawberries- sliced
- 1 small banana- sliced (I freeze mine, but doesn’t have to be)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon pure Gelatin
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Place coconut water, cream, and greens in blender and pulse.
- Add strawberries and bananas. Pulse.
- Place cinnamon, flaxseed, vanilla, and gelatin in blender. Pulse.
- Add ice cubes and pulse for 1 minute (or until blended as desired.)
- Pour in a glass, grab a stainless steel straw, and Enjoy!!
Other smoothie option(s): Sweet Potato Pie Power Smoothie