Grain Free/Paleo/Primal/21DSD/Dairy Free/Nut Free/Egg Free
I don’t know about your schedule, but if it’s anything like my family’s we are always in a rush during the week. Between school, work, and extracurricular activities, living a from-scratch life can seem very daunting! I always say if you plan ahead and keep it simple, living this healthier lifestyle is possible with even the busiest of schedules.
Getting back to basics is all about removing the unnatural processed pieces of life, and adding back wholesome real-deal foods and experiences. One way to increase the amount of homemade food served in today’s fast pace world is by putting to use some of the really cool gadgets that modern advances have brought to our kitchens. Many gadgets have been made to make meals quicker and simpler to prepare and cook, and one of my favorite gadgets is the crock pot!
Wanna know how to get a big meal cooked without prepping and standing over the stove all evening? Pull out the ole trusty crock pot and let it do its thing! I can literally throw my Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe together in less than 5 minutes before running out the door to leave for work. When I get home in the afternoon, after a long hard day, it will be ready to go with not a lot of fuss!
This recipe is also perfect when desiring leftovers. Leftovers mean less cooking time required during the week! Throw it all together over the weekend and use it to make boo-koodles of various meals throughout the work week. I use this shredded chicken to make: salads, grain free fajitas, nachos, stuffed sweet potatoes, and a quick post workout snack…you name it, and you can throw this chicken on it! Juicy, fresh, flavorful, and not a lot of fuss is a wonderful description for any meal I am serving my family during the week! Give it a try, and impress your family with a variety of meals without all the hassle.
- 5-7 boneless skinless chicken breast (can be frozen or thawed)
- 2 cups of mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups of tomatoes diced (or two 14.5 oz cans diced organic tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup jalapenos diced (add more if you need to pump up the kick)
- 1 serving of Primal GRITS Taco Seasoning
- Additional salt and pepper (to fit taste)
- Place chicken breast in crock pot and season.
- Place mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos on top to cover chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After cooked taste test to see if you desire more salt and pepper.
- Use 2 forks to pull meat apart (shreds very easily should not take much effort or time). Fix a plate, kick back, and enjoy!